Monday, February 9, 2009

To Play or not to Play

Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.
Rita Mae brown

Well after a terrible monday at the tables I am really wondering what to do. As you may already know I am no pro when it comes to poker but I do enjoy the SNG at FT.

So Yesterday morning I sit down , the other half is at work and the kids are in school and The house is empty..woohoo shuffle up and deal without any interuptions lol.

So I connect to FT and hit the $3 SNG 9 player turbo.. so I am playing tight and am amazed of all the wild calls being made. I win the first one with ease and am up roughly 12 dollars..

Well I told myself that my goal daily was to either win 15 dollars or lose 15 either way I would stop... Well throw that out the window..At the end of the day and after about 20 SNG I am down roughly 50 dollars...

Now it is not because I played all that bad but I am now seeing that me attempting to play small ball poker at these $3 SNG just does not work...

I have to figure out a way how to adapt or play higher levels. Now again I am not sure if I am ready for them as I am still learning but I must be ok as I took 700 dollars off the 5 dollar SNG's at Titan in a span of a week.(for me that is good)

So the question I am trying to figure out is do I make the jump to the 10 dollar SNG and see where I stand.. I figure i would try about 6-10 of them one day and see if there truly is a difference.

I guess the point is that I am trying to establish a bankroll and I don't want to be throwing my money away if the players at the higher level will dominate me.

I have been looking at purchasing the sitNgo genius by Sean Moranse but I did some research and see that he has a few different websites selling the same program just under different websites owned by him... Anyone have any thoughts on this program.

Anyway just a few thoughts while I am busy at work lol...paperwork can always wait right!

If anyone wants to share any stories or tips or clips, fire me a email...I will put it on
Plus if anyone wants to mentor me in poker, feel free to make me your student..

Cheers
Millsy630

No comments:

Post a Comment