Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thusday A New Attitude!

There are one hundred and ninety nine ways to get beat, but only one way to win; get there first.Willie Shoemaker

Well another long day at work and no poker. Well not yet anyway, I might squeeze in a SNG or two before I call it a night.

After speaking with my poker buddy Nathan I decided I need a whole new attitude or perspective on becoming a solid player. I sat down and we chatted and I admire how Nathan is a agressive player when it comes to no limit holdem. I wish I had that quality as I surely think it would serve me well.

So I am going to try a few things different and see how it goes. I had certain goals set out but after our discussion tonight they have changed somewhat..
I am going to stay at the 3 dollar limit and see if the changes I make help improve my goal.

I previously stated that I would never win a WSOP, I still honestly believe that at the moment...I will need a ton of practice and a little more agression before I can take on Gus and Kid poker lol.

Alright well that's it for now. I would appreciate if anybody has any feedback to give me a shout.

I am looking at purchasing poker tracker shortly any one have it already? give me the pros and cons...

also I am looking for a excel spreadsheet for SNG if anyone knows where I can purchase one.

Going on Holidays next week so poker won't be a option unless it is a live game in Los Angeles

Cheers
Millsy630

3 comments:

  1. I use Poker Tracker. I've written a couple of posts about it. I find for SNGs, it's a bit lacking.

    Be careful not to be too results oriented. Focusing on short term out comes can cause you to make bad decisions.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey millsy,
    Thanks for the post. I have no problem linking you up. I'll try to get to it tonight. Maybe I'll see you at the tables.

    Thanks for the link on your blog.

    Jamyhawk

    ReplyDelete