Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday's Thoughts

Well it's almost 11 am here and I am just hanging out with my youngest Ryan, We just finished making gingerbread cookies and as Ryan would say "They are delicious daddy"
The fresh smell of gingerbread in the house should mask the smell of getting beat in a 90 player SNG last night..

I was playing great with 21 players left it became a crazy scene blinds were getting up there with antes and people were pushing all in every hand for the most part. I am sitting in 8th place (in the money) when I am dealt QQ in the BB.

everyone except the button folds and he calls 1200 ...I think i have about 11000 in chips to his 6000 so I check... Flop comes 3 8 10 Rainbow...he thinks and pushes all in...so I am thinking trips...A 10? Would he just call preflop with the antes and blinds so big... why would he not push right off the bat... anyway I think he has like J 10 two overs at least...I decide to call...

He turns over A 9 os..and I am thinking oh yeah...that is until he sucked out a ace on the river...

Have you ever gotten that feeling that you know they will hit the river... It was weird ..Needless to say I was not amused....It urks me to know end when you play solid and you get some yahoo doing that and getting paid off for it... anyway few hands later I push with JJ against 22 and buddy hits a deuce on the flop..what do ya do..gone out GG Cya 20th place...

I sat back and wondered about how I played and what I could have done different.. I am playing these small SNG $3+30 to get my game down to a science so I can move up in limits..

What I came up with was that I might need to move up because for some of these guys 3 bucks is nothing and they play like a maniac..I don't know how you fix that ..sit tight and wait? I figured be aggressive when it is getting down to the wire but how much tighter can you play when you have QQ and mr all in with A9 beats ya..

I know it happens and the percentages are that most of the time you will win...I would like to try a higher limit to see if the craziness goes on there too...lol

Ok today I am going to play a few tourneys as it is just me and Ryan and he is going for a nap right away... so a few SNG'S and a tourney tonight maybe...
Hope ya all have a great relaxing Sunday and best of luck today!

Quote of the day!
Stop cheating!" the dealer told the card player.
"I'm not!" claimed the player.
"You must be," said the dealer. "That is not the hand that I dealt you."

Cheers
Millsy630

No comments:

Post a Comment